Our partners of Motion Drive wrote some terrific blog post about renting a supercar in Germany and it´s definitely worth reading it:
It truly is one of men´s biggest dreams (and the number of women is increasing day by day): To rent a dream car and enjoy driving a supercar that is usually not achievable. But watch out: There are more and more unreliable sports car rental companies flooding the market and make your supercar rental more of a nightmare than a daydream… So we from Motion Drive® as one of Germany´s leading rental companies just wanted to share some advices with you to enjoy a secure experience!
- Rental car insurance: Every single rental car in Germany must be registered as a rental car by a special rental car insurance – Otherwise in case of an accident it will loose its full insurance making your rental a financial nightmare! Serious companies don´t have a problem to show the insurance policy upfront of your reservation. For your own saftey: Please don´t rent some private cars just because they are slightly cheaper!
- Self-liability: Surely you know that there must be paid a security deposit to rent a supercar, but what most people do not know is the fact the the self-liability of the isurance can be completely different from this deposit. So read the GTC carefully to avoid paying too much money in case of an accident.
- Age of the cars: Is there any worse than entering a car over a worn seat, grabbing the greasy steering wheel and listening to the beautiful sound of your rattling engine!? Of course there are always some sports car rental companies that seem to be cheaper but sometimes a slightly higher rental rate is a rather good investment, especially when you´re about to fulfill your personal dream.
- Extra Mileage: In the luxury car hire branch it is common to restrict the included mileage per rental. But often the mileage that is being invoiced after your rental is much more expensive than if you would have booked that in advance.
- Price comparison: You may know we´re talking about the rental of the world´s most exclusive supercars being worth more than some family houses.. But the price is just one attribute to compare and shouldn´t be overestimated as there are much more criterias to make you rental a one-of-a-lifetime-experience: High quality has it´s price or would you buy a broken smartphone just because it was cheaper…!?
- Customer service: The luxury car hire market in Germany in increasing every single year what´s not always good: Dubious private hirer listing there cars on Ebay & Co., part-time hobby renters and even some biggers budget rental companies offering exotic dream cars for rates that (at the first look) seem to be sensational! You´ll get the bill later.. Sloppy cleaned sports cars with more stone spots than horsepower, worst accessibility of their service team (especially in emergency situations..) and cars delivery at some back-street warehouses are still the smallest problem. In general you can say that the bigger the rental company the better is their service level and comments and reviews on several internet platforms will show you who made his homework. At least you should have a critical look on their website: Companies that are not even able to take of their website won´t do better with the most expensive cars on planet…
Find out about the other 4 things to keep in mind and read the full article at Motion Drive.
A perfect luxury car experience wishes you the whole team of DRIVAR®